The fruit picking season begins in July, and the Vancouver Fruit Tree Project’s priority is to connect fruit tree owners with volunteers who want to rescue unpicked fruit. We’ll reach out to over 100 tree owners and 180 volunteers to pick thousands of pounds of fruit this year.
But we’re also working on other projects. See something interesting? Get in touch.
- Fruit picking begins in July
- Logo redesign contest this summer and graphic redesign work
- Selling galettes (apple tarts) at the Kitsilano Farmer’s Market (July- September)
- Training for people interested in being a driver for Fruit Picks
- Bike trailer training- learn to drive the big cargo trailer
- Equipment upgrading and repair project
- Film screening in October all about bees
- Outreach events like Main Street festival and more.
There’s always room for new people, new projects and new ideas with the VFTP (such as making a short 2-4 minute movie, etc). The best way to get ideas off the ground is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and then come to a meeting.
Find more details on VFTP projects on the “What’s New” page, by signing up to our infrequent but very informative e-newsletter, and joining us on social media.