Fruit tree owners are a key part of the Vancouver Fruit Tree Project. Your trees help feed people in the community. Here’s how it works:
- We bring volunteers, ladders, and picking equipment.
- We clean up your yard of fallen fruit which helps reduce unwanted wasps, critters and raccoons.
- We provide transportation to deliver the harvest to community groups afterwards.
- You can arrange to be home when the harvest happens, or tell us when we should come.
- You can tell us how many pounds of fruit to leave on your porch after the harvest.
- We are offering VFTP Memberships for $25, and members’ trees will be our priority for scheduled picks. Becoming a member entitles you to have one tree harvested.
- Donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt. Memberships are not tax deductible.
We are more popular every year. The number of people requesting our services has increased, but our funding remains the same. As a charitable organization, we need your assistance. These funds keep the organization viable by paying for operational costs. Coordinator’s wages, vehicles, equipment, insurance, and gasoline all add up and we need your assistance to keep up the good work. Becoming a member entitles you to have one tree harvested: if you have more than one tree, we are requesting an additional $10 for a smaller or $20 for larger additional trees.
If you are unable to pay, or would like to pay a smaller amount, we still want to hear from you.
Contact Erica when your fruit is starting to fall: email@example.com or 778-960-5232
Do you see a fruit tree in your neighbourhood that should be part of the Vancouver Fruit Tree Project?
Download this flyer and put it into the owner’s mailbox!VFTP Fruit Tree Owner Flyer 2011